Sunday, August 5, 2012

A ton of small projects need to be completed to finish this boat

 In the past few couple of weeks I've been working on several different projects tying to get the boat done.  The three main categories of work have been on 1) the keel and rudder foil, 2) Standing rigging, and 3) deck hardware.  Items 2 and 3 are a bit of a hold-up because I'm still waiting for delivery of many of the parts that I've ordered.   Here are a few of the activities:


I attached the gooseneck fitting to the mast using pop rivets.
The spreader collars were glued onto the mast using West System G-Flex epoxy.  I used the West system Aluminum prep kit prior to gluing the collars.  The spreaders aren't shown in these pictures, but I trimmed the length of the upper spreaders from 36" to 30".  They just didn't look right.

I riveted on backing plates onto the mast for six shrouds.  I'm waiting for the backing plate for the head-stay to come in.












And finally, I've put a lot of work into fairing, priming and sanding the the rudder foil.  The picture below shows the keel with it's first coat of Interlux Perfection paint.

1 comment: