Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Forward Deck Glued Down

 I decided to go ahead and glue down the forward deck rather than wait for the completion of a few things that I have to do in the cabin of the boat.  Most notable is fabricating installing the bow prod.  I'm still debating the merits of having an internal assembly for this, or to put it on top of the deck.  I've more or less decided against having an articulating prod (ability to move side to side).  So I decided to commit the deck to epoxy, and then crawl around inside if necessary.
 You may see in some of the pictures, small holes along the edges of the deck.  In addition to using weights to hold down the deck while the epoxy cured, I used 1 1/4 screws to make sure that I got a good seal along the gunwales.  The screws were removed after the glue set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment