Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Progress


A lot of small tasks have been accomplished since the last post.  The photo to the right shows the installation of floor supports for the cockpit.  These outside supports were built as small I-beams with lightening holes along the vertical component.
The 12oz carbon fiber cloth finally arrived so I used some of it to reinforce the keel box.  I described the design of this critical component below and I think that it was actually strong enough before the carbon fiber was added.  However, the cloth went on very easily and molded beautifully to the shape of the existing structure.

The photo to the right shows curved edges for the cockpit that I built using 3/8" by 3/8" cedar strips.  The floor piece was cut some time ago.  I may need to add a bit to the edges up by the front of the cockpit where the cockpit sides curve quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment