Saturday, May 19, 2012

First coat of primer

I applied the first coat of primer today to the hull using using Interlux Primekote epoxy paint.  The photo to the left shows the boat bottom with the primer.  I spent most of the time trying to make sure that all of the glass weave and the "pin holes" were filled in and didn't worry too much about complete coverage.  I did this by rolling on the paint with a foam roaler and then by going over the wet paint with a bondo spreader to make sure that the holes were filled.  Tomorrow  I'll sand the bottom and start filling in the low spots with fairing compound.  Overall the hull looks very good and I don't think that I'll need to do too much fairing


The picture on the right shows the keel after priming.  The keel surface actually was pretty smooth so the primer covered pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment