Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fair(ing) weather

 The weather is much warmer these days, so I'm back in the garage working on the boat.  It's still a bit cool for the epoxy, so I warm up the garage to 70 deg. or so with a propane heater.  With outside temps around 60 deg, I don't need to spend a fortune on propane now.


The biggest project this weekend was fairing the boat bottom and the keel foil.  The picture to the left and the one below show fairing compound on the hull and foil.  The hull itself was pretty fair and the areas that needed filler were the locations where the hull sat on the cradle.  In any case, I think that the bottom is now ready for a final sanding and then it's time for fiberglass. 


The foil looks pretty good also.  The keel bulb mold is ready now, so I'm planning on pouring lead in the next few days.  Once that's done, I can bolt the bulb onto the foil, and fair the entire keel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment